Quality management systems differ from each other in key aspects of each sector related to the nature of the specific activities or processes, as well as to the applicable regulations. However, in all of them, the concepts of quality in their globality reside more precisely, the coordination of activities, their standardization and systematization of processes and control systems to obtain, fundamentally, an organization that applies the continuous improvement of its effectiveness and efficiency to achieve customer satisfaction.
Why implement ISO 9001?
- Minimize errors, customers prefer to work with certified companies, access to new clients.
- Obtain a global vision of the processes and results, overcoming the vision of specific departments and processes.
- Improve activity and quality reports and communications
- Improve the quality of products, productive and administrative processes, and services.
- Monitoring of standards and standards, performance improvement.
- Greater compliance with planning
The innovations brought by ISO 9001: 2015 with respect to previous versions can be summarized in,
|The incorporation of the SL Annex, with a high level structure that also becomes common to this standard as to ISO 14001 and others, with the aim of unifying the structures of the management systems, and in this way facilitating the integration of these systems and others.|
||The need for a risk-based approach, based on risk thinking, to support and improve the real application of the process approach and management, since this process management has not finished being implemented in real terms in many cases, even certified under ISO 9001: 2008, seeking the resolution of chronic problems and surprises|
||Reduction of the number of requirements.|
|Less emphasis on formal documentation, and emphasis on documented support on activity, etc (records), making the selection or definition of what this documentation should be more flexible, and how to structure and manage it.|
||The standard is better adapted to the companies providing services, or to that part of the activity.|
|The definition of the context of the organization becomes a basic requirement, together with the definition of the perimeter of the Quality Management System, from which the activities, organization and processes are identified, as well as the sphere of influence and influenced by second and third parties.|
||Leadership requirements increase in terms of the system and objective of the Management System itself and how management is developed.|
|Customer satisfaction is reinforced as a result of achieving better conditions in the achievement of the product or service.|
The reasons that advise to evolve from quality control to a quality management system, integrated or not with other systems are clear:
- Establish an address, a business plan, and achieve meet the expectations of our customers both in growth phases and in stable situations.
- Improve the process of execution control and financing.
- Reduce waste, efficient execution.
- Reduce costs and understand competition.
- Increase market share
- Facilitate training.
- Involve employees and improve performance.
- Maintain high morale in employees and managers.
Interestingly, companies that have a system recognize and understand that this contributes to meet objectives, however, many do not measure it. The PDCA is a necessary process, probably W.E. Deming was the person most responsible for the current revolution in quality.
The most widespread standards are:
- ISO 9000 - Quality management systems - Fundamentals and vocabulary
- ISO 9001 - Quality management systems - Requirements
- ISO 9004 - Guidelines for continuous improvement
ATEC + ID implements certifiable quality management systems, under different standards, especially ISO 9001: 2015 reference base of other systems, integrates them with environmental management systems ISO 14001, GDPs, energy efficiency ISO 50001, of PRL OHSAS 18001 or of R & D UNE 166002, as well as EFQM systems, or others such as BRC and IFS, contact us.
Maintenance of Management Systems
Quality systems require a certain annual (at least) maintenance, in several relevant fields:
- Calculation and revision of risks and related processes efficiency.
- Customer satisfaction assessement and improvement.
- CAPA control, followed actions and responsables.
- Identification of the improvement lines to be initiated and planned, and following of improvement processes.
- Update production or department process changes in the procedures and documentation
- Statistical analysis of business, processes, process capability, control and asurance limits, indicators identification and revision and objectives determination.
Moreover ATEC+ID advises to include specific tasks in:
- Requisites update
- Adaptation to Norm changes, of processes, structure
- Calculation of objectives
- Statistical Analysis
- Update of specificplanning and resources programming
- Revision and assessement of the evolution of SWOT and context of the organization
For computerized systems, in the updating of tables, database, access to documents, sites access and permisions.
Moreover, ATEC+ID collaborates in performing the internal audits and information system validation.