There are four basic maintenance strategieses currently identifiable: reactive, preventive, predictive and proactive. The reactive strategy, consists in waiting for a breakage or mal function to act and repair. The preventive maintenance is based on acting in time terms. the predictive strategy approaches the acting decision making as a function of current situation or data from the equipment or measures. But between 2% and 5% of companies, marking the highest levels of competitiveness and costs, run through proactive models, where monitoring or recording states is done proactively, people proactivity is key in this strategy.
ATEC+ID collaborates with your company to evolve towards advanced maintenance systems, to do so, our job is structured in a general way in:
- Conform a team
- To diagnose the current state of maintenance and costs
- To set a meetings plan
- To characterize the elements of the production process (zones)
- To identify the principal elements per cost and repercussion in effciency
- To establish progressive implementation steps
- Achieving a consistent systematic work
Our approach is always to focus the strategy in achieving a proactive maintenance, in which anybody(maintenance, production,...) participates in the processes and plant maintenance .
The results of these programmes are evident:
- To reduce the maintenance imoact on production
- To generate recommendations for a maintenance based on the equipment condition
- To change the expenditure from reactive to preventive
- Reduction of personel cost in about 50%
- To reduce the cost of reviews in about 30%
- To increase the availability, in at least a 10%
- Reduction of spare parts consumption in about a 5%
Any company person unfolding in a working area must be able (normally with very short training) to identify the supervision route, to follow and do it, for standard elements (counters readings, temperatures, levels, etc), just leaving for a more specialized supervision the critical equipment or installation.